Tuesday 6 January 2009

My Reading Resolutions for 2009 - eliminating my book mountain

One of my resolutions for 2008 was not to buy so many books - but although I did cut down I still seemed to buy dozens and dozens. So I will repeat this resolution for 2009. I have just looked at one of our bookcases and put together on one shelf the books that I have acquired and have been intending to read but somehow haven't got round to it. I counted 35 books. So in 2009 I will finish the Frederica Quartet by A S Byatt (read the first two books in 2008) and will also try to include:
  • A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving (636 pages, yikes!)
  • Sacred Games by Vikram Chandra (950 pages, double yikes!)
  • The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
  • The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing

Let battle commence.....

No comments: