Sunday 3 January 2010

My Reading Resolutions for 2010

Well, the pile of "to be read" books doesn't seem to have got any smaller...or any tidier! First of all, did I succeed in any of my resolutions for last year? I think I bought fewer books but I daren't check this on my Amazon account. I said I would finish the Frederica Quartet by A.S. Byatt - which I did (and enjoyed very much). I also listed four books I vowed to read: A Prayer for Owen Meany - read it! loved it! The Golden Notebook - read it! loathed it! I didn't read Sacred Games - was put off by the 950 pages and I started to read The Master and Margarita but decided to put it forward as a book for our Reading Group and would read it then. So for 2010 my resolutions are: READ THREE BOOKS FROM MY SHELVES FOR EVERY NEW BOOK I BUY!!! Tackle Robert Bolano's 2666. This is massive but I must take up the challenge. It was originally written as five books to be published separately so I will take it on one book at a time. Also to be read: Sacred Games by Vikram Chandra A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz The Honourable Schoolboy by John Le Carre

No comments: